- Made from the wood of the yew tree.
- (countable, by extension) Any tree or shrub of the genus Taxus.
- in family Cephalotaxaceae
- (countable) A species of coniferous tree, Taxus baccata, with dark-green flat needle-like leaves and seeds bearing red arils, native to western, central and southern Europe, northwest Africa, northern Iran and southwest Asia.
- in family Podocarpaceae
- A bow for archery, made of yew wood.
- Other conifers resembling plants in genus Taxus
- (uncountable) The wood of the such trees.