- (electronics) The electromagnetic coil that deflects the electron beam in a CRT (Cathode Ray Tube).
- (glassblowing) A Y-shaped stand used to support a blowpipe or punty while reheating in the glory hole.
- (dressmaking) A band shaped to fit the shoulders or the hips, and joined to the upper full edge of the waist or the skirt.
- (informal, Ireland) A miscellaneous object; a gadget.
- A frame made to fit the neck and shoulders of a person, used for carrying a pair of buckets, etc., one at each end of the frame.
- A frame or convex piece by which a bell is hung for ringing it.
- (aviation) The column-mounted control wheel of an aircraft.
- (agriculture, dated, uncommon) A cowpoke.
- A tie securing two timbers together, not used for part of a regular truss, but serving a temporary purpose, as to provide against unusual strain.
- A portion of the working day. to work two yokes, i.e. to work both morning and afternoon
- A pair (of animals, especially oxen).
- Misspelling of yolk.
- (figuratively) A burden; something which represses or restrains a person.
- (bodybuilding) Well-developed muscles of the neck and shoulders.
- (nautical) A fitting placed across the head of the rudder with a line attached at each end by which a boat may be steered. In modern use it is primarily found in sailing canoes and kayaks.
- (engineering) A bent crosspiece connecting two other parts.
- The amount of land ploughed in a day by a pair of oxen.
- A bar or frame of wood by which two oxen are joined at the heads or necks for working together.
- (slang, Ireland) Pill of a psychoactive drug.
- A frame worn on the neck of an animal, such as a cow, pig, or goose, to prevent passage through a fence.
- The part of a shirt that stretches over the shoulders, usually made out of a doubled piece of fabric. Or, a pair of fabric panels on trousers (especially jeans) or a skirt, across the back of the garment below the waistband.
- To link or to join.
- To enslave; to bring into bondage; to restrain; to confine.
- To unite, to connect.