- As if young; having the look or qualities of a young person.
"My grandmother is a very active woman and is quite young for her age."
- In the early part of growth or life; born not long ago.
"a lamb is a young sheep;"
- (obsolete) Having little experience; inexperienced; unpracticed; ignorant; weak.
- Of or belonging to the early part of life.
"The cynical world soon shattered my young dreams."
- People who are young; young beings.
"The lion caught a gnu to feed its young."
- The younger generation.
- (informal or demography) To become or seem to become younger
- (geology) To exhibit younging
- (informal or demography) To cause to appear younger