- Representing the sound or action of a zap.
"Then the computer went zap and I lost all my work."
- (colloquial) An electrical shock.
"You might feel a little zap touching a metal doorknob when the air is dry."
- (colloquial) A sound made by a sudden release of electricity or some similar energy.
- To heat (something) in a microwave oven.
"If it's not warm in the middle, zap it some more."
- To make a zapping sound.
- To damage (especially electronics) with electrostatic discharge.
"I think they zapped the processor."
- To further energize or charge (magnetic material).
"They zapped my motor's magnets."
- To strike (something or someone) with electricity or energy, as by shooting.
"They spent the whole movie zapping bad guys into oblivion."
- To delete or discard (electronic media).
"They zapped a lot of files before realizing they had not backed up lately."
- To use a remote control to repeatedly change channels on a television.