- (figuratively) An apathetic person.
- (computing) A process or task which has terminated but was not removed from the list of processes, typically because it has child processes that have not yet terminated.
- (Canada, historical, derogatory) A conscripted member of the Canadian military during World War II who was assigned to home defence rather than to combat in Europe.
- (fiction) A deceased person who becomes reanimate to attack the living.
"I shot a zombie. He was a zombie, Kenneth. The pilot was bitten before he picked us up!"
- An information worker who has signed a nondisclosure agreement.
- A cocktail of rum and fruit juices.
- (voodoo, superstition) A person, usually undead, animated by unnatural forces (such as magic), with no soul or will of his/her own.
- (figuratively) A human being in a state of extreme mental exhaustion.
"After working for 18 hours on the computer, I was a zombie."
- (computing) A computer affected by malware which causes it to do whatever the attacker wants it to do without the user's knowledge.
- (philosophy) A hypothetical person who lacks self awareness.
- A snake god or fetish in religions of West Africa and elsewhere.